As the end for MasterChef Australia Season 8 is nearing the end, the anticipation for MasterChef Australia Season 9 is building up. Each year, thousands of participants from all over Australia try their best to enter into the competition which has managed to change the lives of a number of home cooks.
MasterChef Season one was won by Julie Goodwin who is now a famous celebrity chef recognized all over the world. The other winners include Adam Liaw, Andy Allen, Kate Bracks, Emma Dean and Billy McKay.
MasterChef Australia has been well known to shape the careers for a number of home cooks. This includes a number of contestants who did not even win the title. Cooks such as Poh Ling Yeow, Hayden Quinn, Kylie Millar, CallumHann, Justine Schofield, Andre Ursini, AminaElShafei and Marion Grasby are some of the former contestants who are successful chefs. While some of them have their own restaurants, others are busy publishing their cookbooks and some even have their own cooking show.
The history of MasterChef Australia is what makes it so famous and this is one of the main reasons why people try to get into the cooking show. It doesn’t matter if you don’t win MasterChef Australia, all you need is to get into the top 24 and that move alone is enough to shape your career in the food industry.
The rules to enter Masterchef Australia season 9 and instructions are given below:
- Contestants must submit their applications online. No applications will be accepted by post.
- Contestants must answer all the questions in the application form accurately.
- All applicants will not receive a reply individually. Only applicants selected for the audition will be contacted.
- All eligibility requirements must be read carefully before applying for season 9 of Masterchef Australia. The eligibility criteria are stated below.
- Applicants must also attach their digital photo along with the application.
- In addition to this, applicants must also attach three digital photos of dishes that they have cooked recently.
- Applicants also have the option of uploading a 2 to 3 minute video of them showcasing their kitchen skills. This video can include an introduction of the applicant and what cooking means to them. Although this is not mandatory, it is definitely beneficial to upload the video.
- All applicants must have attained the age of 18 or above as of October 10th 2016.
- All applicants must be a citizen of Australia or a permanent citizen.
- None of the applicants can have any catering qualifications that they have acquired within the past ten years.
All contestants of Masterchef Australia must be amateur home cooks. Any contestants with professional or semi professional experience in the kitchen that the producers may perceive as an advantage may not be eligible to participate. A professional or semi professional experience can include the following:
– Previous work experience in a kitchen as a chef or a cook.
– Any past history of earning money by preparing food in a professional restaurant for more than 6 weeks within the past 15 years.
– Any form of teaching cooking or giving cooking demonstrations in the past 15 years.
– Food service (apart from cooking) in any restaurant, working in fast food restaurants or selling food products to your family or friends will not be considered as professional or semi professional cooking experience.
The main source of your income should not be from cooking or preparing food in a restaurant, hotel or canteen.
A prior commitment to all the filming days is required. The filming will happen anytime between October / November 2016 and May 2017. The filming will happen for 30 weeks with relevant breaks for Christmas and New Year.
You should not be related to any member of staff or any employee of Endemol Shine Australia Pty Ltd or Ten Network or any other company that is related to them.
You cannot be convicted of any serious crime or cannot be arrested in relation with any crime.
Submission of a completed application form does not necessarily guarantee an applicant a place in MasterChef Australia season 9.
Invitation for auditions is at the sole discretion of the producer. Selection will be based on skill, drive, enthusiasm, desire to change life and love for food.
The producer’s decision is final and binding with regards to every aspect of the show.