Paella Pan is a large-sized Spanish pan with round shape and shallow depth, accompanied by sloping sides and two handles. It allows you to cook paella and other dishes like rice, vegetables, seafood, meat, chicken, and have the best taste in all types of finished ingredients.
Paella is many peoples’ favorite dish. You can serve paella on a table or sit on a buffet, where there is an option for people to help themselves.
Need for Paella Pan
Though you can cook paella, using a regular pan, it develops dimples on the bottom, which makes you dig it from the center, making the container more rigid at a high temperature. Hence, you need to adjust the temperature to avoid dimples. A Good Paella Pan, on the other hand, makes your cooking comfortable as the oil goes to the middle of the pan. You can make any kind of dish with little oil, which is a healthy sign. A paella pan has a competitive edge over a standard pan when it comes to diameter, which enables you to prepare the meals in large quantities at once. Also, the food that you fry gets an even distribution. The other uses of Paella Pan are:
- Make breakfast – A paella pan consists of a hot surface, designed for preparing breakfast items. You can also cook bacon, eggs, pancakes, scrambles, or fried eggs in large quantities within a short time. When there are more members of a family, it comes for everyone.
- Fry fish, chicken, and meat – As a paella pan is more substantial, a lot of ingredients like chicken breasts, pork chops, fish fillets, steaks, or a variety of vegetables fit the pan and heat them at the same time. Hence, a paella pan saves more time for you, unlike the hot stove. As the pan gets very hot, it is ideal for heated seats or chops.
- Barbecuing – If you find the vegetables fall through the grill cracks, you can use paella pan to avoid those falls. Also, you get those perfect and toasty vegetables that you want, without any fancy decorations for barbeque tongs.
- Make stir-fries – Even if you don’t have a wok, you can use paella pan for making stir-fries.
- Bake and roast – If you need an extra baking sheet or a roasting pan, paella pan can do the work of both. You can bake the biscuits or roast the chicken through a paella pan.
- Serve – A paella pan can also be used as a serving tray if it looks new.
- Useful as a plancha – You can use a paella pan as a plancha, a flat-top metal grill, which gets very hot, making the cut-up vegetables or other ingredients like shrimp. As the heat is high, cooking becomes faster.
- Campfire cooking – A paella pan is also known for its portable cooking surface, which you can use for a campfire or in an open flame.
A paella pan has its disadvantages as well. Hence, it needs some amount of practice to use that in your daily life to master it.